Tuesday 22 May 2007

Rosa Canina


The common Dog rose.It grows across Europe in hedgerows, scrub, and woods.
It flowers between June and July, and makes rose hips untill the Autumn.
I love the pink petals with the white, and yellow styles and lime green centre.
I quickly painted this over two hours from a photo and a quick sketch drawing.
I like to make paintings have a feel of the flower, the essence, not always a biologically correct drawing.Thats why i have a camera and a garden blog.
The painting captures the moment I think quiter well :)

2 comments:

Georgina said...

Hey Dave! These paintings are all great. I really like the rocking horse and the Sonia Steps. In fact, I found the watercolour you did for me of a magpie again and I've put it on my desk for writing inspiration :) sis xx

David (Snappy) said...

Thanks Jaws,glad you liked the painting.I think I will try to do some bird paintings to expand my repetoire.
I will do another magpie for you, but in Acrylic.I will paint me a crow, after seeing a fab crow statue in Sigruns German garden.:)